Sunday, October 9, 2011

Halloween Invisible Pops

Inspired by Halloween, I took to www.marthastewart.com for some party treat ideas. I found this recipe for homemade suckers that can be tailored for any occasion with the right candy decorations. I chose pumpkin and skeleton candies. The options are endless!

All you need is:
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
Lollipop sticks
Assorted candies



Martha must have a steadier hand than I because my suckers didn't turn out very round.
The candy hardens quickly so you have to move fast!
Tip** Don't use your best pot to melt the candy mixture because it is tough to get out. The best way we found was to heat up the mixture again and again and pour it out onto the cookie sheet until it was all gone.

My friend Becca enjoying the treats she helped me make :)

Next time, I may try to add some food coloring to the candy mix to see what happens!


Enjoy! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day :) Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...