Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Do It Yourself: Origami Crane Wind Mobile

In an attempt to mix my appreciation for Asian culture/art with country decor, I made this origami crane wind mobile.

I tried to take pictures along the way but as you know, my Droid's 5 megapixel camera just isn't impressive.. hopefully, I'll get a new digital camera soon.

Pretty origami paper :) I got mine at Paper Source
Folding instructions: Origami Crane





After I made the cranes, I took fish line and small silver beads and thread them through the cranes to make the strands the length I wanted without worrying about the cranes moving. Then, I tied the strands onto sticks and hung onto a hook in the ceiling.



So easy!

4 comments :

  1. This turned out awesome. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What contraption did you attach it too? And make me one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tied two twigs together with fish line :) Thanks guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :) Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...