1. I moved back to Ohio from DC and I am finally digging in my heels and settling down. After 4 years in college and a year in DC, it dawned on me that I haven't really "been around" for my family in 5 years. I love the fact that my best friends are only 1 hour away, my boyfriend is 40 minutes away, and my family is right down the road. I can honestly say, that I am truly HAPPY right now.
2. My beautiful baby niece arrived in 2011, making it the best year ever! Baby Gwenyth is incredible. Seriously. I can't take my eyes off of her.
3. Coming to terms with the things I cannot change - friends, family, money... whatever it may be... there are just some things that are completely out of my control and I am finally learning how to be okay with that. I no longer feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders.
4. I love my new job and it challenges me in all the right ways. It forces me to be creative, analytic, decisive, and self motivated. It keeps me on my toes and I can't wait to see what's next.
5. Becoming more physically fit. In the last years of binge drinking in college and indulging in comfort food in DC, it was easy to "lose myself." I have been frequenting the gym and I never thought I would say it, but I even look forward to the gym! It feels great to take charge and I am finally starting to see results (Holiday eating aside.)
1. Kicking all my bad habits - I bite my nails and I "pull" out my eyelashes. How disgusting! I look like a child and it's time to grow up! I will kick these habits in 2012.
2. Put a dent in school loans - I went through the angry/ pouty phase of post grad school loans. "Why me? Will I ever get out of this? I'm poor. Wah. Wah. Wah." But as I stated in #3 of 2011, I cannot focus on things that cannot change, and I was starting to annoy myself with all the whining about money. Just save your money and suck it up. In 2012, I will put a serious dent in paying off my school loans!
3. Stay connected - I think I could do a better job of checking in with my friends and family that live farther away. I don't "like talking on the phone" but that is no excuse. In 2012, I want to stay connected with the people who matter most.
4. Cook more - baking, cooking, exotic cocktails.. I want to do it all. I would like to try a new recipe at least once a week (as long as it doesn't become too costly and interfere with #3). In 2012, I want to advance my skills in the kitchen, and I don't think my boyfriend will mind being my personal taste tester :)
5. Get 50 new blog followers - I want to become more involved with blogging and provide value to my readers. I need to attract readers and get them interested enough to come back! In 2012, I want to attract 50 new blog followers. Right now I have 26, so cheers to 76!
If you want to make your own Looking Back.. and Moving Forward list on your blog, LINK UP with Life According to Jes and submit your link below!