Monday, August 1, 2011

Slacklining

My brother-in-law Patrick recently turned me on to one of the most exhaustingly amazing workouts ever.

<< the Slack Line >>

What is slacklining?
Slacklining is the act of balancing along a narrow, flexible piece of webbing usually low to the ground. Originating in the climbing world, it has become popular for balance and movement training, core strength, and FUN.

*The slack line we used was a 2 inch Classic Slack Line purchased from Gibbon.

They sure do make this look easy...



After his first experience with a 1" slack line, he purchased a 2" to master first. We set up camp at Newcom Park in the Oregon District, finding a perfect set of trees and a nice patch of forgiving grass (assuming we would be falling often). Patrick made it all the way across for his first time and then many times after. Adam made it half way and I was only able to master 6 steps! (but I am very proud of those 6 steps).

Setting up




He made it!

Working up a sweat!

Almost there!
 
Feeling inspired? I know I am. Hopefully we can get a group of people together Sunday nights in the park to master the slack line. SEE YOU THERE! I'm determined to get across! And after that, maybe I'll try out some tricks like these:



YEAH RIGHT!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day :) Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...