Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sugar Sticks

My mommy came in town for the Labor Day weekend :) It was perfect. Good food, beautiful weather, and good company. 

Saturday night we went with my roomie and friends to see Loni Love at DC Improv. It was my first comedy show and definitely not my last. After an incredibly racist opener, Loni came on and killed it. No one was safe: gay, straight, black, white, male, female.... I wish I could have taken pictures but we weren't allowed :(
"What are you looking at sugar sticks?! I see you! Just because I'm big and black you think I can't get a man?..."
Sunday we walked around National Mall for a few hours for some sight seeing. My mom has never been to DC before, so we tried to squeeze in as much as we could.


The Man, The Myth, The Legend.
Enjoying the beautiful day at the Sculpture Garden

It was so funny to see my mom's reaction to life in the city. The metro bus/train was the most amusing part. She thinks that the metro train is scary because, "it looks like you're in the center of the earth," and there's a bunch of "weirdos." Oh well, a SmartTrip pass is cheaper than a car payment ;) Love you mom.

1 comment :

  1. Dude I went to see Honest Abe just the weekend before! He looks so badass in person.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :) Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...