Sunday, November 3, 2013

5.9.15

Let the wedding planning begin! I can't believe we already have a wedding date! Originally we wanted a Fall 2014 wedding, but much to our surprise, all the venues we were interested were booked out through next fall. A comfortable outdoor venue was important to us though, and one of my number one rules is "I don't want to sweat on my wedding" so we decided on Spring 2015 - cross your fingers for sunshine.

As we searched for a rustic but elegant venue, we narrowed our choice down to Benhams Grove and The Willow Tree Inn. Benhams is a beautiful venue and we were very impressed but with a wedding party of our size, our only option for the reception was a tent. While tents are fine, we wanted some rustic elements and the thought of decorating a blank canvas like a white tent made the dollar signs in my head spin.

The Willow Tree Inn offers a beautiful backdrop, a rustic barn, and comfortable amenities. Bingo.

I fell in love with the Willow Tree when I sang there for a wedding in the 7th grade. I told myself ever since then that I wanted to get married there. *It captivated me* After meeting the new owners, I was pleased to learn that they married at the Willow Tree in 2000 and also fell in love, so much so that they bought the place about 2 years ago and have been renovating it ever since.


A beautiful old Victorian Home

Beautiful scenery


The Barn - Love love love

Now that we have the date and the venue, the rest of the fun begins! Adam just wants to know when we can go taste testing :)

xoxox - the future Mrs. Blimbaum

2 comments :

Your comments make my day :) Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...