Monday, July 12, 2010

Friendship

How would you define friendship?

We all have different friends that each have their own type of relationship; whether that be your drinking buddy, the person you vent to, the person you call when you want to be right, or the person you call when you know you're wrong. No matter what relationship I have with my friends, I've always said that:

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself"

A recent change of events has made me take a step back and really analyze what friendship means to me. I think that friendship is selfless - even if that means ditching a hot date for a night full of tear filled tissues and tubs of ice cream. It means listening and offering advice when granted. It means forgiveness in times of weakness, because no one is perfect and friends should be there to help you pick up the pieces when your foundation seems to be crumbling. True friends don't abandon you in a time of transition.

Dictionary.com defines a Friend as: A person with whom one is allied
in a struggle or cause; a comrade.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day :) Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...